EVERY WOMAN SHOULD HAVE:
1. One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds
you of how far you've come.
2. Enough money within your control to move out and rent a place on
your own, even if you never want or need to.
3. Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams
wants to see you in an hour.
4. A purse, a suitcase and an umbrella you're not ashamed to be seen with.
5. A youth you're content to move beyond.
6. A past juicy enough that you're looking forward to retelling in it your
7. The realization that you are actually going to have an old age and
some money set aside to help fund it.
8. A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill and a black lace bra.
9. One friend who always makes you laugh and one who lets you cry.
10. A good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in
11. Eight matching plates, wineglasses with stems and a recipe for a
meal that will make your guests feel honored.
12. A resume that is not even the slightest bit padded.
13. A feeling of control over your destiny.
14. A skin care regime, an exercise routine and a plan for dealing with
those few other facets of life that don't get better after 30.
15. A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship and
all those other facets of life that do get better.
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW:
1. How to fall in love without losing yourself.
2. How you feel about having kids.
3. How to quit a job, break up with a man and confront a friend without
ruining the friendship.
4. When to try harder and when to walk away.
5. How to kiss a man in a way that communicates perfectly what you
would and wouldn't like to happen next.
6. How to have a good time at a party you'd never choose to attend.
7. How to ask for what you want in a way that makes it most likely
you'll get it.
8. That you can't change the length of your calves, the width of your
hips or the nature of your parents.
9. That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it's over.
10. What you would and wouldn't do for love or more.
11. How to live alone, even if you don't like it.
12. Who you can trust, who you can't, and why you shouldn't take it
13. Where to go-be it your best friend's kitchen table or a charming inn
hidden in the woods-when your soul needs soothing.
14. What you can and can't accomplish in a day, a month, a year.
15. Why they say life begins at 30.