A Favorite of 865 users
Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
- Eleanor Roosevelt
A Favorite of 469 users
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life thinking its stupid- Einstein
A Favorite of 358 users
"For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion."- unknown
A Favorite of 291 users
Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.- Albert Einstein
A Favorite of 284 users
Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. As we grow older, it is important that we keep mentally alert. The saying: "If you don't use it, you will lose it" also applies to the brain.
Below is a very private way to gauge your loss or non-loss of intelligence. So take the following test presented here and determine if you are losing it or are still a MENSA candidate. OK, relax, clear your mind and . . . begin.
1. What do you put in a toaster?
The answer is bread. If you said, "toast,” then give up now and go do something else. Try not to hurt yourself. If you said, "bread,” go to question 2.
2. Say "silk" five times. Now spell "silk.” What do cows drink?
Answer: Cows drink water. If you said, "milk,” please do not attempt the next question. Your brain is obviously overstressed and may even overheat. It may be that you need to content yourself with reading something more appropriate such as "Children's World.” If you said, "water" then proceed to question three.
3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a greenhouse made from?
Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said "green bricks,” what the heck are you still doing here reading these questions? If you said "glass,” then go on to question four.
4. Twenty years ago, a plane is flying at 20,000 feet over Germany. If you will recall, Germany at the time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany. Anyway, during the flight, TWO of the engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure. Unfortunately, the engine fails before he has time and the plane crashes smack in the middle of "no man's land" between East Germany and West Germany. Where would you bury the survivors - East Germany or West Germany or in "no man's land"?
Answer: You do not, of course, bury survivors. If you said ANYTHING else, you are a real dunce and you must NEVER try to rescue anyone from a plane crash. Your efforts would not be appreciated. If you said, "Don't bury the survivors" then proceed to the next question.
5. If the hour hand on a clock moves 1/60th of a degree every minute then how many degrees will the hour hand move in one hour?
Answer: One degree. If you said "360 degrees" or anything other than "one degree,” you are to be congratulated on getting this far, but you are obviously out of your league. Turn your pencil in and exit the room. Everyone else proceed to the final question.
6. Without using a calculator - You are driving a bus from London to Milford Haven in Wales. In London, 17 people get on the bus. In Reading, six people get off the bus and nine people get on. In Swindon, two people get off and four get on. In Cardiff, 11 people get off and 16 people get on. In Swansea, three people get off and five people get on. In Carmathen, six people get off and three get on. You then arrive at Milford Haven. What was the name of the bus driver?
Answer: Oh, for goodness sake! It was YOU, Read the first line!!!- Unknown
A Favorite of 264 users
You don't need to know all the answers. No one is smart enough to ask you all the questions.- Unknown
A Favorite of 228 users
Only great minds can read this!!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!- read it in an e-mail
A Favorite of 208 users
Genius is knowing to stay silent as others demonstrate their ignorance.- Eric LauDecember 6, 2003 by Anonymous in Intelligence ID#:12080
A Favorite of 191 users
"I would much rather have people think I'm stupid, and shock them, than have people think I'm smart, and disappoint them."- Mike Bronson
A Favorite of 182 users
There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.- Unknown